It is an obvious fact that wearing earrings not only prevent your hole in the earlobe from closing but also add elegance to your look. We use different earrings with unique designs, but the fact is that which makes the earrings stay comfortably in the earlobe. Earrings are provided with different earring backs that make the earrings stay in the ears.
The earrings’ backs prevent the earrings from falling off the ear, thus earrings remain in the ears. These earring backs too are available in a variety, but only the right choice of ear backs can make the earrings sit on your earlobes perfectly.
Here is a list of various earrings’ backs that not only hold the earrings in your earlobes but also prevent any irritation and discomfort. These earrings backs are available in different sizes thus are used for the earrings of different sizes. The lightweight of earring backs protect the earlobe from tearing out
Replacement clutch earrings backs are widely used earrings backs. They perfectly fit the earrings and are best for an ear that is freshly pierced, thus helping in proper healing These earrings back prevent sharp tips of the earrings from any damage. These are available in different sizes. These are made of stainless steel, thus are hypoallergenic.
- Clutch earring backs are made of stainless steel thus prevent the earlobe from irritation and discomfort.
- Air can easily pass through the clutch that enables it to heal the freshly pierced ear.
- These are lightweight and perfectly hold the earrings into the ears so there is no risk of falling off the earring.
- These earring backs are hypoallergenic thus are comfortable for sensitive ears.
- These are available in different sizes thus can be used for earrings of different sizes.
- These earring backs are highly reliable for constant use without any infection.
- These are easy to wear and can be used for constant use without discomfort.
These are 14K yellow gold replacement earrings that perfectly fit any type of screwback earring without poking. Screwback is gently turned in a clockwise direction on the earring post to fit the earring in the earlobe. These are hypoallergenic thus best for sensitive ears. Different sizes and colors are available for these screw backs.
- 14K Yellow gold replacement earrings are not gold plated, thus made of pure gold.
- These can be used for a variety of screwback earrings, thus preventing earrings from falling off.
- 14K gold enables it to use all the time without infecting the earlobe.
- These earring backs are hypoallergenic, lead-free, and nickel-free, thus preventing irritation and discomfort.
- These earring backs grip the earrings thus can be used for the second hole piercing.
- These are lab tested and also provided with an authentication stamp.
These are 24K Gold Plated and Stainless Steel Earring Backs perfectly holds the earrings. Clutch allows the safest healing of the newly pierced ear and prevents any harm and scratches. These earring backs are hypoallergenic thus preventing an allergic reaction. Different sizes are available for fitting different sizes of earrings.
- These 24K Gold and Stainless Steel earrings back perfectly to hold the earrings prevent the earrings from falling off.
- These earring backs can constantly be used with no risk of harm and scratches on the neck and earlobe.
- The lightweight and small size of these earring backs prevent scratches and infection to the earlobe.
- These lightweight earring backs can be used for various sizes of earrings.
- Earring backs are hypoallergenic, lead-free, and nickel-free, thus best for sensitive ears.
- These earring backs allow the perfect healing of a newly pierced ear.
- Air can easily flow through the clutch so it prevents any infection and discomfort to the ear.
Clear earrings’ backs are used to hold the earrings in the earlobe. These are made of silicon that prevents the ear from any infection and damage. Silicon used in earring backs prevents the earrings from poking. Moreover, the clutch of these earrings back is flexible so easy to wear. Earring backs are 4mm in diameter and 5mm in length. These are small-sized and lightweight earrings that make them use constantly but also advised to keep away from kids.
- 10 pieces of these earrings’ backs have a clear color.
- These clear earrings backs contain silicon that protects them from damage and irritation.
These silicone earring backs hold the earring perfectly into the earlobe without causing tearing of an earring.
- The flexible clutch of earring makes these earrings backs to easily move on the post of an earring, thus making them easy to wear.
- These are lightweight and comfortable to wear.
- Clear earring backs are best for constant use.
- These earrings backs are hypoallergenic thus preventing any allergic reactions.
- Due to the smaller size, these earrings backs are recommended to keep away from the kids.
18K White Gold Plated 925 Sterling silver earring backs are the best choice to hold the earrings into the ear. These silver earring backs are 9mm in size. These are hypoallergenic thus proves perfect for sensitive ears. These earrings’ backs remain close to the earlobe, thus preventing scratches and any infection. These earrings’ backs perfectly hold the earrings in the ears thus preventing them from falling down.
- These blocking earring backs are made of sterling silver coated with white gold.
- Locking earring backs completely lock the earrings into the ears, thus preventing the earrings from falling off the ear.
- These earring backs are hypoallergenic, nickel-free, and lead-free, thus it does not cause any discomfort and irritation.
- These can be used all the time without infecting earlobes.
- These perfectly fit the post of the earrings so they are easy to wear and remove.
- Their lightweight does not burden the ears.
- These earring backs are best for sensitive ears.
These 14K Gold earrings backs prevent the earrings from poking from the ears. These are available in different sizes, 5mm, 4mm, and 3mm. Due to variable sizes, these earring backs can be used for different sizes of earrings without falling them from the ear. These earring backs are lightweight so easy to wear and don’t burdens the earlobe. These are hypoallergenic so can be used for sensitive ears.
- 18K Gold/White Gold/ Rose Gold earring backs provide a firm grip to hold the earrings into ears.
- These Gold earrings’ backs prevent the ears from any infection.
- These are designed to fit in the post of the earring.
- Hypoallergenic, lead-free, and nickel-free qualities make them prevent any infection.
- These are best for sensitive ears.
- The small size of these earring backs prevents scratches on the neck and thus also prevents tearing of the ear.
- These earring backs can be used for all types of earrings.
What type of earring back is best?
So you’ve chosen to dive in and get some splendid new hoops. Congrats! The difficult work is done, yet you actually have a significant choice to make; what kind of stud backs are the awesome hold the hoops safely set up on your ear? The decision will rely on the sort and size of stud, your way of life, and somewhat your ear cartilage themselves.
The fundamental decisions in stud backs are erosion backs and screw backs. There are varieties, for example, “large’ backs (oversize grinding backs) and La Pousette backs which are shrewdly designed with moving parts for both comfort and security. Moreover, clear plastic plates are now and then utilized related to backs to offer additional help.
We should investigate the advantages and disadvantages of every choice to choose what is appropriate for you.
Friction Backs (Butterfly Earrings Backs)
Friction Backs are also called butterfly backs, and sometimes push backs. These are definitely the most common fashion of earring back. They work on earrings with posts, using roughness to protected the earring in place–hence the name. some times the post has a mark so that the back actually snaps into place.
Availability – These types of backs are easily available from many jewelry wearers.
Security – They are a safe alternative, ideal for equally stud earrings and dangle earrings.
Ease of Use – They are very easy to put on and take out from ears.
Budget-Friendly – Friction backs are one of the most budgeted earring backs in the market that don’t poke.
Losing of an Earring – The closest thing to a con for this approach is that if you are a very energetic and active person, it doesn’t take a ton of power to pull the back off with just the wrong tug from just the mistaken angle. For especially for this reason those who are with pets and small children do not usually prefer it, It also may conciliation the security if the back does not correctly fit the post or all the way through years of wear.
Why are butterfly back earrings bad? Here let me also show you some example from youtube as well:
Screw Backs (Threaded Backs)
These are the normal upgrade version of the friction back for those looking for a more safe and secure option for her. This type of post is threaded and the back screws on it, which make a very secure method that will keep your earring stay in your ear.
Security – Screw backs for earrings are among the safest and secure styles. Especially and the Idealistic for active people, owners of pets can wear it easily without the hesitation of falling down or poking, and parents of small children.
Availability – It is fairly easily available in the markets to find screw back earrings options.
Budget-Friendly –It is a little bit expensive as compared to the friction earring backs
Hassle – Some people find it’s annoying to have to screw them on properly and unscrew them to then remove them in a practical way.
Discomfort – Come people find that the threaded post is absolutely comfortable in their ear, those who have more sensitive ears can find them poking.
Wearing Out – It’s frequently worn over the many years, it’s possible for the threading to become stripped and the posts and/or backs may need to be replaced.
Security – Yes, it’s both a pro and con. We have heard stories of screw backs working themselves out over time. It’s not common, but it can happen.
Positive Locking Backs (La Pousette, Protektor, Clutch)
This style is the most famous among the people of the whole USA and it has many names. While Positive locking back is perhaps the proper name for the style as a category, but they are also called La Pousette backs. This style is a little bit expensive but is the best If you are seeking for the purpose of security and ease of use. As it is very easy to put in your ears and take off from it as the friction back, and its really make the earrings that don’t hurt
Security – As we previously discussed mentioned, these earring backs are ideal for valuable jewelry.
Ease of Use – It is very simple to use and has consistently a straightforward mechanism.
Comfort – Considered the most comfortable as friction backs.
Cost – They are one of the more expensive as compare to the other options.
Rubber Earring Backs
Rubber earring backs, or you can say rubber stoppers, are one of the most inexpensive options to consider. The main point is they are reasonable and secure and can be wearable very easily, They are perfect for children’s jewelry, and for temporary use.
Cost-Efficient – As compare to the other earring backs, This style is very inexpensive.
A good option for less valuable jewelry, or children’s wear.
Wear Out – They are only made of rubber, and will get worn out fairly quickly.
Security – Not recommended for use with valuable jewelry.
Ear Wires (Shepherd Hooks)
This style of earring is just a hooked wire, usually without aback at all. You may have heard them called simply “ear wires,” rather than shepherd hooks. Occasionally you will see them with a catch (as shown above in the far right picture). Also, small rubber backs.
Cost-Efficient – An inexpensive option.
Ease of Use – Very easy to put in and take out.
Losing an Earring – The backless style is not as secure as lever backs or other similar styles
Irritant – If used with costume jewelry made of non-precious metals, it may cause irritation to sensitive skin. Gold options found on more valuable jewelry do not typically have this problem.
Lever Backs (European Backs)
Switchbacks, now and again called European backs, have a bent ear wire rather than a straight post and have a pivoted switch piece that shuts the back, as the name would infer. These can be considered as an improved and safer rendition of the ear wire that appeared previously. This style isn’t preferred or more terrible over the different post styles, it is just an alternate stylish. Some lean toward the appearance of this style, particularly for hang hoops.
Bother Free – You don’t need to stress over losing your backs since they are appended to your studs.
Stylish – they have a rich look, ideal for hangs and for flat back earrings.
Losing an Earring – Similar to the grating backs, a solid pull might actually haul the stud out, and this style probably won’t be the most ideal alternative for dynamic wearers or those with pets or little youngsters.
Omega Earring Backs
Omega backs resemble a crossover of a post stud and a clasp on the hoop. They are obviously safer than a cut on studs for non-pierced ears, however, they are not as secure as locking backs or screw backs. With this style, it truly boils down to individual inclination. In spite of the fact that it isn’t close to as famous as different styles, there are as yet numerous who discover it the most agreeable for them and lean toward it to the rest.
Usability – Very simple to put on and take off.
Bother Free – Like the switchbacks, there’s no danger of losing your backs with this choice, as they are appended to the hoop.
Comfort – They are an entirely agreeable alternative for a great many people.
Losing an Earring – once more, dynamic individuals be cautioned.
Solace – I know, I know, how might this be an ace and a con? While some discover them truly agreeable, others find that they squeeze their ears. It simply depends on how delicate you are.
Novelty and Unusual Backs
In this class, you have things like the risqué post, and the Bella dot. The risqué post has a sharp bend in it with the goal that a back is pointless. Notwithstanding, they are not extremely secure. The Bella globule is an oddity back that offers an answer for the individuals who are irritated by their posts jabbing them.
Curiosity – Like any trinket, their oddity itself is frequently their principal draw.
Elusive – This choice may not be promptly accessible.
Security – Most curiosity choices mean bargaining security.
Why is the back of my earring not coming off?
While wearing the earrings, earring backs are carefully fixed on the earring post so it does not tightly close. But, in most of the cases if the earring backs are tightly fixed on the earring post then it may cause difficulty in coming off the earring back resulting in discomfort.
How to stop earrings from poking?
By wearing the earrings with the right choice of earring backs can prevent the earrings from falling off the ears. Preventing your earrings from poking the silicon stopper can be your right decision. These fit the earring post thus preventing earring from falling off the ears.
What can I use if I don’t have earring backs?
Earring backs are used to hold the earrings into ears but if you lose your earring back you can use different earring back hacks to hold earrings. You can use earplugs, wine cork, rubber band, tape, and lint roller in different ways to prevent earrings from falling off.
Why do earring backs stink?
The major reason behind the odour coming from the earring backs is wearing the earrings back for many days without cleanings so regular cleaning can prevent the odour. Placing earrings back close to the earlobe may also cause odour in the earrings’ backs.
Wearing the various sizes of earrings casually or formally never go out of style but it is important to make these earrings stay in the earlobe. To make the earring stay in the earlobe the above-mentioned different earrings backs can be used that besides holding the earring in-ears also gives a touch of elegance. These earring backs due to small size and lightweight can be used for different sizes of earrings and also prevent any irritation and scratches. You can use these earrings backs for constant use without discomfort. These earring backs can be used multiple times with happiness guaranteed.