I remembered once I had to attend my friend’s birthday party and I decided to match my outfit with the new pair of earrings I bought a day before! But as I wore it suddenly after an hour I started noticing a pinch of redness and itchiness around my ears which was so irritating.This was the moment when it got to know that I have sensitive ears!
Do you also have sensitive ears? Are you looking forward to glam up your ears by wearing a classic and stylish pair of earrings?
Well, the majority of the women do experience the signs of allergy or redness once they wear any sort of earring made in any material. This is probably because a certain material of earring is not suitable for their sensitive ear.
But do you still want to glam up your ears with colorful earrings?
Well if yes, then this is the right place for you to get detailed information! Here you can check out a list of the top 10 best earrings for sensitive ears 2020.
Pick the one which you like the most:
14k Solid Gold ROUND Stud Earrings with Genuine Swarovski
Do you have sensitive ears? If yes, then here we have the best pair of earrings for you which is so dramatic design in the beauty of gold and Swarovski Zirconia. It has a favorable combination of some yellow, white, and rose gold as well.
- This earring piece is made with your choice of 100% 14k white, as well as yellow, or rose gold.
- It is also including prongs, baskets, notched posts, and butterfly push-backs.
- It is safe and best to wear by women of all age groups.
- It has comfortable fitting even if you wear it for long hours.
- Comfortable to wear for long hours
- Best for women of all age groups
- Includes rose gold, yellow and white gold
I simply love the whole beauty of the earring set and the way it has been put together with yellow and rose gold is so charming.
NATALIA DRAKE Diamond Halo Stud Earrings in Sterling Silver
This is a perfect pair of stud earrings which is suitably meant for the ladies who are having sensitive ears. It is made up of sterling silver which adds it with extra durable and long-lasting usage. Even men can wear it excellently.
- This earring piece is made up of rhodium-plated sterling silver which is long-lasting and durable to use.
- It is a perfect gift to give away to someone on an anniversary, marriage, or the events of birthday.
- If you have sensitive ears, then wearing such earrings will let your ears to prevent facing any sort of itchiness and redness.
- Best for sensitive ears
- Long-lasting and durable finishing
I find this earring piece best for my mother’s birthday because she is fond of wearing such stylish and elegant earrings.
STUNNING FLAME 14K Gold Post & Sterling Silver Stud Earrings
If we talk about the piece of earring set which is free from nickel and is hypoallergenic, then this is the best option for you to pick right now. It is durably made up of sterling silver in the gold post attachment for sensitive ears.
- You can have these earrings be free from nickel and are hypoallergenic.
- They are made up of durable sterling silver and pure material of gold post which is extremely safe for sensitive ears.
- It even offers 7.00 wide back over the stud earring which is comfortable to wear for long hours.
- Hypoallergenic and free from nickel
- Comfortable to wear
- Best for sensitive ears
As I have sensitive ears so someone recommended me this earring set and I am simply falling in love with it. Did you find it elegant?
14k Gold Post & Sterling Silver 4 Prong Swarovski Stud Earrings
This piece of stud earring has the added charming appearance due to the metal plating. It is best to be worn for everyday purposes if you have sensitive ears. Its metal plating will protect your ears against any sort of rashes or itchiness.
- Each Stone has the 1.00 of a carat where two stones arethe 2.00-carat total weight of the Platinum Plated over solid Sterling Silver.
- This piece also features perfect metal plating for an added lustrous appearance.
- These earrings are classic and so elegant that women of all ages can enjoy them all day every day.
- Metal plating for an extra lustrous look
- Best to be worn by women of all age groups
- Perfect for kids
- Not comfortable to wear for long hours
This is such an elegant piece of earring set and for me, you should buy it if you have sensitive or touchy ears.
Web Gems 14k Solid Gold Swarovski Cubic Zirconia Stud Earrings
If you have sensitive ears that are always prone the redness and rashes, then here we have the best option for you to pick right now. This earring set has been superbly attached to the finishing of elegant Swarovski cubic Zirconia work on all its sides.
- It is made up of 14k gold which is a high standard for fine jewelry, is hypoallergenic, and safe to wear for all ages.
- These earrings hence come with Mushroom Back Silicon Sliders. Its involvement in synthesized material is hard.
- This outstanding stud earring set is made from the highest available best quality of Swarovski Cubic Zirconia.
- The elegant and beautiful design of Swarovski Cubic Zirconia
- Safe to wear for all ages
- Nickel-free and hypoallergenic
This Swarovski cubic Zirconia earring beauty is taking my heart away. I find it safe to wear even after so many hours.
Princess-Cut Stud Earrings Swarovski Zirconia SterlingGold Post
This is a beautiful piece of princess cut earring design which is made up of solid gold and sterling silver. It is ideal to be worn by all those ladies who are having sensitive ears or are not prone to certain materials of earrings.
- This earring piece is made up of 14 karat solid gold with 100% nickel free and 100% hypoallergenic nature.
- It is set with four prongs where posts ensure the earrings to be a timeless and classic piece.
- You can even call them as Swarovski studs earrings because they are made with Swarovski Zirconia. Swarovski Earrings studs.
- A timeless and classic beauty piece
- 100% nickel-free and 100% hypoallergenic nature
- Not comfortable to wear for long hours
Well, I simply fall in love with the beauty of this earring set which I have worn at so many parties. I loved them so much.
Vir Jewels 1/4 cttw Diamond Stud Earrings 14K Gold Push-Backs
This is another top incredible and best earring piece which is worth to be purchased by the ladies of sensitive ears. It is included with the gold plating in the use of diamond in rounded shape has made it look perfect.
- This earring has been made from the diamond carat weight of 2 stones which is ¼ cctw.
- At the side of push back earring, you can view the outlook of 14K yellow gold.
- This round diamond earring has 4 prong basket earrings with friction backs.
- Hypoallergenic and nickel free.
- Comfortable to wear.
- Best for sensitive ears.
The cost was so reasonable and was overwhelmed with the color and sparkle of these diamonds that I loved to wear them all the time.
14k White Gold Round Cut White Cubic Zirconia Stud Earrings
If you are fond of wearing Cubic Zirconia Stud Earrings, then this is the ideal choice for you to pick right now. Even if your kids are having sensitive ears, you can also buy it for them. It is included with an extra shine look with polished finishing.
- These earrings are all made through the real 14k gold and are fully stamped with the suitable use of 14k metal stamp
- These studs are finished with a high polished finish which adds toa the shiny look and its best cartilage earrings for sensitive ears.
- The earrings are also having push back closures which makes it easy to wear
- 2mm White Round Cut Cubic Zirconium is also part of it.
- Highly recommended for kids.
- Comfortable to wear.
The earrings look perfect! I bought them for my 12-year-old daughter who is sensitive to cheap metals.
NATALIA DRAKE Color Diamond Halo Stud Earrings
Someone recommended this stylish earring piece for sensitive ears and trust me I simply loved them! The whole piece of earring has been incredible designed with a sterling steel outlook for an extra perfect appearance into it.
- It is made from the durable metal finishing of Rhodium Plated Sterling Silver and better than titanium earrings for sensitive ears.
- It is the best gift idea to present someone on a birthday, wedding, anniversary, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Valentine's Day or Christmas gift, or any special person in your life!
- It is comfortable to wear for women of all age groups.
- Best as a gift for special occasions.
- Comfortable to wear.
- Best for sensitive ears.
Everyone at work loves these earrings my Sister told me. They were a gift for her birthday! They are worth buying right now!
NANA Cushion-Cut Stud Earrings Swarovski Zirconia Silver
This is a perfect pair of stud earrings which is suitably meant for the ladies who are having sensitive ears. It is made up of sterling silver which adds it extra durable and long-lasting usage. Even men can wear it excellently.
- These stylish Swarovski Zirconia earrings feature upon a 14k solid gold post and the best sleeper earrings for sensitive ears.
- The cushion-cut of Swarovski Pure Brilliance Zirconia truly sparkles out as the highest-quality cubic zirconia.
- They are also available in platinum-plated, as well as rose or yellow gold plating over Solid Sterling Silver.
- Versatile accessory.
- Free from nickel and are hypoallergenic
- Not comfortable to wear for long hours
These truly look like a fine set of diamonds. They are extremely gorgeous. They are filled with sparkle, fire, and smartness.
Complete Guide on Best Type of Earrings for Sensitive Ears
Now let’s have some more discussion about earrings for your sensitive ears! Here we have a few basic guide details for you which can assist you to know more about which earring materials are best or worst for your sensitive ears. Have a look below:
What are the best earring material for sensitive ears?
The majority of the earrings which you should pick for your sensitive ear are silver, platinum, and gold. You can often pick the earrings which are available in 14k gold or even above or the sterling silver 925 to completely avoid the emerging possibility of any nickel being mixed in.
Tungsten is also an attractive and strong metal that is available in pure form. You do not need to alloy it with nickel or any sort of skin irritant material. This makes it so much ideal for hypoallergenic jewelry. Next, we have also some extra options for platinum, gold-plated, and titanium.
What are Hypoallergenic Earrings?
Hypoallergenic jewelry or earrings are the ones that are for those people who are experiencing allergic reactions to different sorts of jewelry. Hypoallergenic earrings are made up of pure metals which are stainless steel. It is not included with nickel.
Gold and silver are also a few basic materials that are included with a varied amount of nickel. There are different sorts of hypoallergenic components or ready-to-wear styles are also available. Gold is considered to be an important metal that is used in jewelry. Any gold which is included with 14k or even lower has more nickel.
Few basic types of hypoallergenic earrings are discussed below:
14K gold is an alloy composition that is made up of gold and with durable metals in which we have silver, copper, and nickel. It is also included with the rhodium platinum. 24K is considered to be 100% gold whereas in 18K gold you will find 75% gold and 14K gold is 58.3% gold.
Sterling silver is one such alloy that is created at the time when pure silver is added. This is done to let the resulting compound be extra durable and less soft. Sterling silver has a purity of 92% in which 7% of the alloy is made out of copper or any other metal which is nickel.
Surgical stainless steel
Surgical stainless steel is a form of steel alloy which is based on 10% chromium and iron. It is also included with some metals in which we have copper, nickel, and titanium. Carbon is one such common non-metal additive inside stainless steel.
Titanium is a sort of silver metal that is resistant to corrosion, strong, and is inert. It is considered to be the 9th most abundant element in the earth's crust. It is normally available in a smaller amount in every single rock.
Rhodium is a silver-white metallic element that is known to be resistant to corrosion and is reflective as well. It is valuable metal in the whole world and is found on rare terms. The name of this metal has been derived from the Greek language and is named for the rose-red color of its salts.
Platinum is a form of dense, or stable and rare metal which is often found in most pieces of jewelrydue to its attractiveness, and silver-like appearance. Platinum is more than 10 times rarer than gold. Its annual mine supply has been around 250 metric tons.
What are Non-Hypoallergenic earrings?
Few basic types of non-hypoallergenic earrings are discussed below:
Earrings are normally made up of plastic material just to give ultimate support to the earlobe areas of the ear. They are not risky for the ears or cause any sort of allergy. But you will wear heavy earrings of plastic for long hours, then definitely it will be allergic to your sensitive ears.
Wood earrings are made up of wooden material in which the bark stem of the trees is used. They are heavy and are a little harmful to the sensitive ears to wear for long hours. They can cause certain redness and itchiness for sensitive ears.
What are the worst types of earrings for sensitive ears?
There are 2 main worst types of earrings for sensitive ears as mentioned below:
- Nickel is a silvery-white metal through a slight golden tinge that somehow takes a high polish.
- It is a highly versatile metal that will completely alloy with most other metals, whichhence makes it easy to work with.
Plated Alloys Worst
- The body will absorb the alloy plated very easily and lungs or skin will act upon as an effective barrier over absorption.
- Exposure to high levels of plated alloy powders or specks of dust can hence cause a kind of lung disease.
How Are Earrings For Sensitive Ears Different From Other Jewelry?
Well, those earrings which are used for sensitive ears are much different from those which are used for an ordinary jewelry. The difference might often come across in view with the materials which are used in the ordinary jewelry.
If the ordinary jewelry is made up of nickel, then you should avoid having it included in the sensitive earrings because it can cause redness and extra itchiness.
Where to Buy Earrings for Sensitive Ears?
You can get the earrings of your choice from so many platforms in which you can pick fashion stores, online shops, or even some jewelry brands. Earrings for sensitive ears are available in different price ranges which will probably be depending upon the design and material used for the earrings.
If you are purchasing the earrings from an online store or any website then make sure that the earrings are available in high-quality. So many different designs and variations of earrings are available out of which you can choose those which are meant for the sensitive ears and are not at all harmful for you.
Why are my ears so sensitive to earrings?
Well, there are different reasons due to which you can face sensitivity in your ears and this sensitivity can give rise to different other issues. It can further lead to itchiness or might even get prone to redness as well.
One major reason due to which your ears get sensitive is due to the material of the earring which is not in likelihood favor of your ear skin. Nickel earrings are extremely harmful to your ears which can give your sensitive skin can extra prone to itchiness or redness. Most probably it might be possible that you have experienced some injury over the ear due to which your skin has become so much sense to react with any earring.
How to make any pair of earrings hypoallergenic?
If you have a pair of earrings that you simply love however can’t put on without getting a reaction, right here are a couple of hints that you can attempt to make them tolerable.
The pleasant answer is to paint the posts with a couple of coats of clear nail polish. After the polish dries, it will create a barrier between the nickel in the rings and your ears. You will have to reapply the polish periodically if you graph to put on them greater than a few times.
If you are in a hurry, smooth the jewelry with hydrogen peroxide and then practice a couple of coats of Vaseline. Be aware, however, that this will probably just work for a couple of hours earlier than you have to reapply the jelly again.
Important Tips for Buying Best Earrings for Sensitive Ears
- Stay Clear of Jewelry containing Nickel: Nickel is mostly included by the jewelry manufacturers to add extra durability and strength to the jewelry pieces. But its major drawback is that it can be allergic to those ears which are already sensitive. It can cause itchiness, redness, and rashes.
- Buy Titanium Earrings: If you want to pick hypoallergenic earrings for your sensitive earring, then choosing earrings made up of titanium is the best option for you. They are safe to use and from an allergic perceptive, it is also medical-grade titanium.
- Stop Wearing Inferior Gold Earrings: Any gold earrings with fewer than 14 karats normally consist of nickel or brass. Earrings like these will cause you to smash out in a rash. If you love the look of gold however are unable to come up with the money for 14 to 22 karat gold, purchase scientific-grade gold titanium earrings. They seem to be like great gold and won’t reason allergies.
- When in Doubt, Use Metal-Testing Kits: Metal testing kits come all in all equipped through a set of solutions that fully rub onto jewelry to hence determine the type of metals and the purity of them. You have to just drop the solution on the top of a cotton ball and swipe it all against any part of your jewelry.
- The Beauty of Medical Grade Plastic Earrings: If in case you have sensitive skin or ears, just consider medical-grade plastic over the selection of earrings. It is non-metallic and hence it won’t cause allergies. Medical grade plastic is yet the perfect choice for also kids’ earrings.
So this was a completely comprehensive guide about top best earrings for sensitive ears 2020 which you can pick now to glam your ears perfectly. We have also provided you a quick guide with which you can learn more about the sensitivity of ears against different types of earrings.
Take more guidance from professional experts and make sure your sensitive ears are completely safe from itchiness and extra redness.